Adapted from NoobCook website.
Delicious Chinese soup on the go – seaweed soup with home made pork balls
- soup base (2.5 litres of water with 2 tsp Woh Hup Ikan Bilis Concentrated Stock)
- 10g (or more) Chinese dried seaweed 紫菜
- 200g minced pork
- chopped spring onions (garnish)
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 300 gr silken tofu
- 0.5 kg Chinese cabbage
Those highlighted in red are additional ingredients or my preferred quantity.
Marinade ingredients (A)
- 0.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 0.5 tbsp corn starch
- 0.5 tsp Chinese cooking wine (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- dash of white pepper
- Marinade the pork with the Marinade ingredients (A).
Shape into individual meat ball (each about 1 tbsp size). Set aside.
- Bring soup base to a boil, then add pork balls, one at a time, making sure they don’t stick to one another. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add additional ingredients such as oyster sauce, cabbage or silken tofu.
Boiled until cooked.
- Cut seaweed pieces to smaller sizes, add on top. Stir the seaweed around and it should spread out nicely due to the hot broth. Boil for a few seconds.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.